Meet Mick Sager, Owner
Mick is a Registered Nurse who has accumulated over 20 years of experience in trauma and emergency nursing.
His qualifications include Bachelor of Nursing, Grad Cert in Advanced Practice (Emergency), double Grad Dip in Health and Project Management, Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Advanced Commander, level 1 Sports Trainer, NeckSafe and HeadSafe, and Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach. Mick is currently completing a Master of Nurse Practitioner degree which will, once endorsed by AHPRA, allow him to practice as a Nurse Practitioner, greatly increasing the scope of practice service he can provide to you.
Over the past 17 years Mick has worked with many sporting organisations at both club and elite level. Organisations such as The Waratahs Rugby Club, Southern Beaches Rugby Club, Maitland Rugby Club, Newcastle Hunter Rugby Union, The Newcastle Knights, NSW Country Rugby Union, Maitland Saints AFC, Kurri, Cessnock and Maitland Netball Associations, Cardiff Junior Australian Football Club, NSW Rugby Union, University of New England Women’s Rugby 7s program, Maitland Touch Football Association, H Events, the Western Force Rugby Union and in 2021 he ran the S&C program for the University of Newcastle women’s rugby 7s program for Rugby AU, AON University 7s series.
Mick has become a trusted and well-known professional within the Hunter Region, and the wider community providing sports trainer and medical management for:
- Waterworks Ultra Marathon (2016 – 2017)
- Hunter Region and Westlakes PSSA athletics carnivals
- Maitland Junior and Senior Rugby Union
- Thunderbolts Trail Run
- Newcastle Knights, Head Trainer U20s
- Maitland Netball Associations 2015-16 competitions
- Kurri Kurri Netball Association Representative Teams for 2017 State Age Championships
- Cessnock Netball Association Representative Teams for the 2018 State Age Championships
- Hunter Junior Rugby Union finals and representative programs
- H Events: medical management for all their multi-sport events
- Maitland Saints AFC
- Newcastle Hunter Rugby Union men’s, women’s, and colts representative programs
- University of New England (UNE Lions) women’s rugby 7s program
- NSW Rugby Union junior development program for the Hunter and Central Coast regions
- Black Cat Trail Run
- Cardiff Junior Australian Football Club match day medical support
- Sports recovery for the Western Force Rugby Union while in camp at Cessnock during the 2020 Super Rugby campaign.
- In 2021 he ran the S&C program for the University of Newcastle women’s rugby 7s program for Rugby AU, AON University 7s series.